Saturday, March 9, 2013

Implementation Evaluation Control

"Planning good strategies is only a start toward successful marketing. A brilliant marketing strategy counts for little if the company fails to implement it properly. Marketing Implementation is the process that turns marketing plans into marketing actions in order to accomplish strategic marketing objectives. Whereas marketing planning addresses the what and why of marketing activities, implementation addresses the who, where, when, and how." (Pg. 57)

To make or build something great, there is always a significant amount of planning before hand. I've had this idea for a restaurant for a little over a year and after writing about it throughout 10 blog posts, it really starts to set in, "Could this be a reality?" I've always thought of myself as an artist, not really a business woman, but as a child I enjoyed anything (mostly cooking) because of the people I surrounded myself with, so when it came down to choosing a restaurant or a bar, I already knew which direction I was taking. The Vault came to mind because being in Downtown Las Vegas, I was used to seeing these art museums and bistros that were connected to galleries, but never a restaurant and gallery made into one (healthy and green!) so that's where the idea came from. I think if this assignment was an actual start to my business, I know that I'd succeed. Because I chose a location where there is a lot of customers, I know my prices and how I'd promote myself. I have the design and layout for how I'd want things to look, I'd just have to find the right people to fill the spots for employees. I'd want to hire and share my experience with the kind of people that love what they do, whether they're musicians or artists. And I'd want their work to be shown as well, because The Vault is a place where everyone can be together, as a whole. Ideas, passions, inspirations, photographs, art. Everything.

"Many managers think that "doing things right" (implementation) is as important as, or even more important than, "doing the right things" (strategy). The fact is that both are critical to success, and companies can gain competitive advantages through effective implementation." (Pg. 57)

No comments:

Post a Comment