Saturday, March 9, 2013

Promotion

"Finally, it must communicate with target customers about the offering and persuade them of its merits (promotion)." (Pg. 13)


When it comes to promoting my business I am so glad to be a part of the technology generation. The last few years, Facebook has become the ultimate way to connect with others around us. So by making a profile for "The Vault" I will begin there by advertising and building up my restauraunt clientele. And every somebody would be a nobody without the famous Twitter! I will be tweeting my business's opening night date and sneak peaks to our foods and beverages (along with specials during the holidays). And for those who are using Twitter to follow me I will also be promoting our Instagram Winner of the Week, this is how it works: "For every person who comes out to eat at The Vault and takes a photo of their experience (that is the most exciting and unique), I will be printing a 8x8 of that person's photo and it will be by the main entrance for that week (along with their name and where they're originally from)." Social Media has grown to the extreme the last couple of years, so I know that I'm taking the right route of promoting my business.

"Evaluation is also very important. Many companies fail to evaluate their sales promotion programs, and others evaluate only superficially. Yet marketers should work to measure the returns on their sales promotion investments, just as they should seek to assess the returns on other marketing activities." (Pg. 438)


Creative Content:

The Vault (design & layout)



No comments:

Post a Comment