Saturday, March 9, 2013

Target Market Strategy

"Target Market is a set of buyers sharing common needs or characteristics that the company decides to serve." (Pg. 187)

For The Vault I was envisioning more of a younger crowd of customers, but adults and hard working parents are welcome as well. The last two years I have been noticing that a huge health streak is rising and more people are choosing to be vegetarian and vegan than living a life eating meat. I have also noticed that art schools are becoming full of more inspired students, I guess that's the main reason I decided to mix the two together instead of having them separate. I feel strongly that I'm going to bring in more customers this way and it will be the best technique for keeping all of my guests happy.

"The company must first decide who it will serve. It does this by dividing the market into segments of customers and selecting which segments it will go after. Some people think of marketing management as finding as many customers as possibly and increasing demand. But marketing managers know that they cannot serve all customers in every way." (Pg. 9)

No comments:

Post a Comment